Tuesday, October 16, 2007

job offer!

i don't have much time to write, but wanted to let everyone know that i have been offered a position as a french teacher at a private, all-girls school in perth! i had an interview last thursday and then went back yesterday to meet with the head of department (hod), who interviewed me in french. i thought both interviews went quite well and was really excited about the position, but of course having no teaching experience for a while (and none in perth), i had no idea what my chances were of getting the job. then, later yesterday afternoon, i got the call from the deputy principal to say that they are offering me the job, which starts in february of 2008 (the beginning of the school year here)!! and get this... they have also asked me to help lead the girls' trip to france during one of the term breaks!! i don't think i could have been more pleased!! so, thank you to all of you who were sending those good vibes, thoughts and prayers during those interviews - i have no doubt that they really helped!

i will fill in more of the details soon, but first things first - i must finish up my master's in the next 3 weeks!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

That's awesome Anna...yeah!! You'll be a great french teacher! And good luck finishing up your masters.

Anonymous said...

WHOO HOO!!! YES! I am so excited for you! Good luck on the finishing the master's, and then whoo hoo for you! THat sounds like it'll be perfect for you! and I know you are oh-so-excited about the trips to france! I am working on setting up our road trip blog, and when i do, you will know all about it!

xoxo,
susanne

Jen P. said...

Congrats Anna! How cool would that be to go back to France? I'm so happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Annabelle,
CONGRATS! I'll have to tell my parents, unless they already heard the news from your parents. They will be thrilled for you too. What a cool opportunity! I am so happy for you.
love,
EllenMarie